Penne with cherry tomatoes, pancetta and asparagus
Cooking time: 25 minutes
It’s easy, really easy! Oh.. and very very tasty! The trick are the ingredients. You’ll need very good (sweet and juicy) cherry tomatoes and Italian pancetta (not british or american bacon or whether you were thinking about replacing it with)
– 100g penne
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– 3 spears of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3 pieces
– 2 slices of pancetta, snipped into pieces
– fresh basil
– 50g of cherry tomatoes
– grated Parmesan, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 180C. Put the asparagus into a roasting tin, toss with oil and pancetta. Roast for 8 minutes, until pancetta begins to get crispy. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
2. While everything is in the oven, boil pasta in salted water for no longer than 8 minutes. Then drain the pasta and add to the roasting tin with some basil leaves and salt and pepper. Mix everything and serve with grated Parmesan on top.
It’s as easy as that. Hope you enjoy!