Do you know Gü Puds? I think their desserts are awesome! Mmmmm…yummy! Especially the banoffee.. So apparently they released a cook book and they posted a couple of recipes from it on their Facebook page. So I improved one of them according to my taste 😉 From White Chocolate Blondies to Super-Gooey White Chocolate & Macadamia Brownies. They worked out amazing! It’s all about proportions.. They’re super-gooey and super sweet and full of nuts 🙂
Cooking time: 30-40 min. (depends on the oven)
Equipment: 18 cm square cake/roasting tin
75g unsalted butter
280g white chocolate
100g unsalted macadamia nuts
140g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
145g (1 cup) plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Butter the cake tin and line with baking paper (or line with kitchen foil and then spread some butter on the foil.
2. Break 230g of white chocolate into pieces (leave the rest for later). Place the chocolate, butter and honey in a small pot and melt over very low heat.
3. Lightly beat the eggs with the caster sugar in a bowl.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into another bowl.
5. Stir in the eggs and sugar to the chocolate mixture, then fold in the flour and baking powder. Finally, add the macadamia nuts stir well.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Break the leftover white chocolate into smaller pieces (1/2 squares) and drop them everywhere into the mixture. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden. Baking time will depend on the oven. Mine is not very efficient so I can cook it for longer and it still comes out gooey. Take care not to over cook. If you stick a skewer on the side of the cake and it comes out clean, and you stick a skewer in the middle and it’s not clean that means it’s ready. Turn off the oven, open the oven door and let the brownie cool down in the oven for 10 minutes. Take the brownie out of the oven, cover with a kitchen cloth and leave to cool down completely. Tastes best when served the next day.