Very very very easy and quick to make! It’s a no bake cheesecake which after staying in the fridge for 30 minutes is already ready. So if you have experience baking this would be a perfect dessert to start with as you actually don’t have to even use the oven 😉
Cooking time: 35-45 min
Equipment: Round tin (approx. 20 cm)
100g dark chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
1 cup icing sugar, to taste (the amount of sugar depends on how big of a fan dark choc. you are)
12 digestive biscuits
50g unsalted butter
1. Crush the biscuits in a food processor/blender. If you don’t have either just put the biscuits in the round cake tin and use the bottom of a glass to press them against the surface until the biscuits are finely crushed.
2. Melt the butter over low heat and add to the biscuits. Stir with a spoon until the butter has combined with the mixture. Spread the mixture evenly in the tin. Place the cake tin in the fridge.
2. Melt the dark chocolate and butter over very low heat. Take care not to overheat as the chocolate will then separate from the butter. Set a side to cool down.
3. Place the mascarpone in a large bowl. Gradually add the icing sugar and combine both with a hand mixer. Taste the mixture to ensure that it is sweet enough (according to taste). Pour the melted chocolate into the mascarpone and mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
4. Take the cake base out of the fridge and pour the chocolate mascarpone mixture over the base and put it back into the fridge for minimum 30 minutes.