Full recipe coming soon!
Serves: 3 (or 2 and leftovers are great next day for lunch ;-))
Equipment required: Medium iron cast pan
2 tbsp olive oil
35g Paella seasoning (Tesco Ingredients -> Paella Seasoning works wonders!; otherwise you’ll need smoked paprika, dried red pepper, saffron, dried tomatoes, parsley, salt pepper, garlic)
500ml chicken stock
200g Paella rice
200g Jumbo King Prawns (fresh or frozen)
100g Chorizo, sliced
2 chicken breasts, diced into 1,5cm pieces
plain flour, for dusting
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 lemon, cut into four wedges
handful of green peas (can be frozen)
1. Heat the pan over medium high heat. Dust the chicken pieces with a bit of flour. Add the paella rice to the pan, following with chopped onion, chorizo and chicken and mix well and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the paella seasoning to the pan and make sure that the rice is well coated.
3. Pour the hot chicken stock into the pan, stir the rice, cover the pan tightly (if you don’t have a lid use aluminum foil) and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Check back every 5 minutes.
4. Add the green peas and mix, taking care not to mush the peas. Arrange the prawns on top of the rice, cover the pan tightly and cook for another 3 minutes (if cooking frozen prawns, take the pan of the heat as soon as prawns turn pink).
5. Serve with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!