To enjoy this recipe to the fullest it’s important that you buy good quality pork chops!
Cooking time: 1hr
4 small pork chops (or 2 large pork chops)
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
50ml chicken stock
1/2 tsp dried thyme
120ml double cream
3/4 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp English or Dijon mustard
salt, pepper and tarragon to season
4 medium potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Wash the potatoes and cut into wedges. Place the potatoes in a heatproof dish, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle olive oil over the potatoes. Cook in the oven for 60 mins.
2. While the potatoes are roasting, melt the butter in a frying pan over high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then add them to the pan and reduce the heat to medium high. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned,then transfer the pork chops to a plate.
3. Add the chicken stock and thyme to the pan and bring to boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes until almost evaporated.
4. Add the double cream and tomato paste to the pan. Stir frequently and simmer for 2 minutes. Return the pork chops to the pan and cook for another 4 minutes over low heat until just firm.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes, herbs and mustard. Mix everything well and cook for another minute. Serve the pork chops with sauce and roasted potatoes.