Equipment: brownies pan 27 x 18 cm (11 inch x 7 inch), electric mixer
230 g milk chocolate
6 tbsp of unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup (approx. 150g) walnuts, chopped
For the plain batter:
170g Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the bottom and sides of the brownies pan with wax paper or kitchen foil and grease with butter.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter over very low heat, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
3. In the mean time, beat the 4 eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until blended. Sift over the salt, flour, and baking powder and fold to combine.
4. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the vanilla and walnuts. Measure and set aside 2 cups of the chocolate batter.
5. For the plain batter, cream the butter and Philadelphia cream cheese with an electric mixer.
6. Add the sugar and continue beating until blended. Beat in the eggs, flour, and vanilla extract.
7. Spread the unmeasured chocolate batter in brownies pan. Pour over the cream cheese mixture. Drop spoonfuls of the reserved chocolate batter on top.
8. With a fork, swirl the mixture to marble. Do not blend completely. Bake until just set, 45-50 minutes. Cool down (preferably overnight) before serving.