Equipment needed: grill pan
2tbsp olive oil
350g salmon fillets
1/2 tsp paprika
salt, sugar and pepper, to season
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 tsp oregano
greek-style yogurt, to serve
skin-on potatoes, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the potato wedges in a heatproof casserole dish. Season well with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Cook the potatoes in the oven for 1 hr until nicely roasted.
2. Grate the orange peel and set aside for later. Cut the orange into halves and squeeze the orange juice into a bowl. Place the salmon fillets (skin up) in the orange juice and set aside for 30 minutes. The salmon will get nicely infused with an orange flavour.
3. In the meantime, cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and transfer them onto the grill pan (skin down). Season well with salt, sugar, pepper and oregano. Note: If your grill pan is not big enough to fit both the salmon and cherry tomatoes, you can cook the tomatoes in a casserole dish in a the oven.
4. Take the salmon out of the orange juice and dry it with kitchen towel. Season the fillets with salt, sugar, pepper. Rub the salmon with the grated orange peel, season with paprika, and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Heat the grill pan over high heat. Grill the salmon and cherry tomatoes in the same time. Grill the salmon skin-down until the skin becomes crispy and 1/3 (height-wise) of fillets are cooked through. Then turn the salmon on the other side and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve the salmon with cherry tomatoes topped with a dollop of greek-style yogurt and roasted potatoes.
Recipe adapted from Kwestia Smaku.