This is a perfect winter warmer ❤ It’s so yummy and rich but also full of vitamins because of all the veggies!
Cooking time: 1hr
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (you can add less but I love garlic)
1 celery stick, finely chopped
4 premium quality plum tomatoes (canned)
210 gr chickpeas (canned)
180 g Spanish chorizo, sliced
1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
650 ml chicken stock
100g fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1. Place the olive oil and chorizo in a large pot and let it heat up over low heat. Add the celery and onion to the pot, cover the pot with a lid and fry/simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and simmer for another 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and chickpeas and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. After 25 min. add the spinach. Let it simmer for another 5 min. Adding the spinach later will ensure that spinach doesn’t overpower the taste.
3. In the meantime boil the egg and chop it.
4. Once the soup is ready, divide between two bowls and sprinkle with egg. Serve with garlic bread.
Enjoy! It’s so yummy and it smells so aromatic as well 🙂