Banana + Toffee = Banoffee Love
Slap a heart on it and you have a Valentine’s dessert 😉
For the base:
10 digestive biscuits
100g rolled oats
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp unsalted butter
357g can Carnation Carmel
200ml whipping cream
4 bananas (3 sliced + 1 mashed)
2 tbsp Madagascar vanilla extract
1. Blend oats and biscuits in a food processor. Melt butter and coconut oil in a small pot over low heat.
3. Mix biscuit base and butter and spread in a pie tin. Place in the freezer for 5 min.
4. Place half of banana slices in the pie case. Spread carmel and distribute the rest of banana slices on top of the carmel layer.
5. Whip cream until thick. Add vanilla and mashed banana and pulse until just blended (do not over mix).
6. Spread cream layer on top of the carmel layer.
7. Place pie in the fridge for 6 hours before serving.