I love this recipe. It’s basically what you can get at Itsu but a larger, cheaper make at home option 😉 Goes well with Miso soup. It only take about 30 minutes to make and it’s really healthy so no reason not to make it!
2 salmon fillets (I used wild alaskan)
100g frozen edamame beans (you can get them at Ocado)
1/2 cup Thai sticky rice (or paella rice /normal white rice)
Teriyaki sauce, to season
Sea salt, to season
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In the meantime, boil the rice (as per instructions of the pack – time might vary depending on the rice, for example, brown rice takes about 5-8 minutes more).
3. Season salmon with sea salt and wrap in foil. Place in the oven and cook for about 20 min. (it might take less if fillets are small).
3. Place edamame beans in a small bowl and cover with hot water to defrost.
4. In this dish I like the rice a bit dry so once rice is cooked I take it out of the pot and let it cool down. To speed up to process you can place in the fridge for about 5 minutes while the salmon is still finishing off in the oven.
5. Divide rice into 2 plates, top with edamame beans and sprinkle teriyaki sauce to taste. Serve with salmon on the side.